MSLC Named Among Fortune's Best Workplaces in Health Care and Bio Pharma for the second year in a row

Montefiore St. Luke’s Cornwall Named One of America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Critical Care

Hospital

Oct. 19, 2021 (Cornwall/Newburgh, NY) Montefiore St. Luke’s Cornwall has achieved national recognition by Healthgrades, the leading resource that connects consumers, physicians and health systems. Among today’s recognitions was being named one of America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Critical Care, Top 5% in the Nation for Treatment of Stroke, Top 5% in the Nation for Overall Pulmonary Services, and among the Top 10% in the Nation for Cardiology Services.

“Montefiore St. Luke’s Cornwall is one of only two hospitals in New York State to achieve the Healthgrades Pulmonary Care, Stroke Care, and Critical Care specialty excellence awards in 2022,” said Joan Cusack-McGuirk, Chief Executive Officer at Montefiore St. Luke’s Cornwall. “This incredible recognition by Healthgrades is a strong testament to the Montefiore St. Luke’s Cornwall staff and clinical team, who strive each and every day to provide the highest quality patient care to our community which we are so privileged to serve.”

In addition to achieving Pulmonary, Stroke, and Critical Care recognitions, MSLC is also a Five-star recipient of several other awards today including:

  • Treatment of Heart Attack (2021-2022),
  • Treatment of Heart Failure (2020-2022),
  • Treatment of Stroke (2022),
  • Treatment of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (2020-2022),
  • Treatment of Pneumonia (2022), Sepsis (2020-2022), and
  • Treatment of Respiratory Failure (2021-2022).

MSLC was also named earlier this summer as a Five-star recipient for Vaginal Delivery for seven consecutive years (2015-2021), in addition to earning the same recognition for C-Section Delivery, two years in a row (2020-2021).

“These awards speak volumes to the care our team provides each and every day to our community at large,” said Cusack-McGuirk. “To be named in such a variety of specialty services demonstrates the high-quality and compassionate care that occurs throughout our organization.”

“Consumers are increasingly becoming aware of the differences of care provided by different hospitals. Consumers can feel confident in the America’s Best Hospitals for their commitment to quality care and exceptional outcomes. The recognition helps provide peace of mind when selecting a place for care,” said Brad Bowman, MD, Chief Medical Officer and Head of Data Science at Healthgrades.

For its analysis, Healthgrades evaluated approximately 45 million Medicare inpatient records for nearly 4,500 short-term acute care hospitals nationwide to assess hospital performance in 31 common conditions and procedures. Healthgrades recognizes a hospital’s quality achievements for cohort-specific performance, specialty area performance, and overall clinical quality. Individual procedure or condition cohorts are designated as 5-star (statistically significantly better than expected), 3-star (not statistically different from expected), and 1-star (statistically significantly worse than expected).