CHF Support Group
When you or someone you care about is diagnosed with congestive heart failure (CHF), you face a variety of challenges and changes.
You may have many questions and feel uncertain about the future. Sometimes it is helpful to talk with others who are going through the same experience. The purpose of Montefiore St. Luke’s Cornwall’s CHF support group is help educate you about congestive heart failure, give advice on what you can do to participate in the plan of care, and keep you up to date with information and encouragement.
The support group is open to patients and caregivers, and is designed to examine the special challenges you each may face, including ideas and helpful tips.
By understanding CHF, following an individualized treatment plan as recommended by your doctor and making simple lifestyle changes, you can live longer, feel better, and do more.
We will be working with you to help you:
- Learn more about CHF
- Understand the factors that put you at risk for heart failure and worsening heart failure
- Learn ways to manage and reduce your risks
- Understand the medications associated with CHF
- Track changes in your risk factors over time
- Set and meet realistic goals
- Know when to contact your healthcare provider about a problem
The CHF Support Group will meet the second Wednesday of the month from Noon - 1 p.m. in the First Floor Conference Room at MSLC’s Newburgh campus.